Welcome back! The TAS sporting program has finished for most of the season with many students deserving of a well-earned rest. There are three carnivals held on Saturday 17 October (Girls AFL and Boys Hockey) and Saturday 31 October (Girls Football) and the interest shown by the students has been impressive.
The main sporting activity is the Sports Awards Night held on Wednesday 28 October. The Sports Awards Night is a chance to highlight major individual and team achievements. All students and families are welcome to attend. A number of awards are presented on the evening, including:
• MVPs from each team receive a trophy and certificate
• Premiership teams receive pennant
• Met East, State and National School Sport representatives receive a certificate
• Redback Spirit Award – Presented to Year 12 students who have competed in the most teams in their time at Ormiston College
• Fifteeners Award – awarded to any Year 12 student who has competed in every season of TAS sport since beginning in Year 8.
• Most Improved Team
• Champion Team
• Most Improved Sport
• Most Successful Sport
• Coach of the Year
• Sportsman of the Year
• Sportswoman of the Year
• Outstanding Sporting Achievement
Students who have achieved major sporting achievements in clubs will also be acknowledged. At a minimum, students would need to have competed at the state championships. Some examples include making a QAS Talent Squad, competing in Qld Long Course Swimming Championships, AFL Umpire at National Under 16 Championships and National Futsal Championships.
Students and families are encouraged to submit the attached document to highlight any outstanding club sporting performances to me. Please submit this by Friday 16 October.