The Redbacks had their best round against St Columban's in Round 1 and we came up against JPC in Round 2, which proved to be a very difficult round. JPC proved why they are a Trimester 3 powerhouse, restricting OC to just seven wins from the 24 games played.
The Redback Reporter and RedbackTV will provide a more thorough analysis of the round, however, here is a brief snapshot:
• Perspective: The boys have played JPC since 1999 and the girls since 2000. In Trimester 3, 384 games have now been played between OC and JPC with the Redbacks winning 116; 11 games have been tied and JPC has won 257 games. The success rate for the Redbacks is 32% against JPC.
• Overall round result: 7 wins, 1 draw and 15 losses. JPC had a great round against the Redbacks and this has been the least amount of wins in a round since 2011.
• Football: 1 win (Year 9), 1 draw (Year 10) and 4 losses. JPC have a successful history in TAS Football. Between the two schools, 120 games have been played with OC winning 16; 7 games have been a draw and 97 games have been lost. The current Year 9 side has never lost a game to JPC.
• Girls Volleyball: 1 win (Year 8) in an uncharacteristic round by the girls. The last time OC was kept to 1 win was back in 2003. Four of the losses were by one set in competitive affairs. JPC simply made the most during critical moments of the games. OC still has a winning record over JPC in the 101 games (71 wins, 30 losses).
• Touch Football: Equal best round ever against JPC with 4 wins (Year 7, 9, 10, Seconds), 1 draw (Seconds) and 1 loss. The last time four wins were achieved was back in 2011. In the 41 games played between OC and JPC, the Redbacks have won 21, drawn 2 and lost 17.
• Boys Basketball: 1 win (Year 9). JPC have been dominant in the TAS arena and the Year 9 win was only the eighth win from 122 games played between OC and JPC. The effort of the boys was outstanding.
• TAS Supp: Year 7/8 Touch, Year 7 Basketball and Year 9 Basketball had wins. Year 7/8 Football went down in a nail-biting 3-4 loss.
Round 3 sees the Redbacks host the fast improving Canterbury College. Canterbury played St John's this round and came away with 15 wins, 2 draws and 6 losses. In 2016, OC had 14 wins, 1 draw and 9 losses against Canterbury and 20 wins and 3 losses against St John's. It seems like Canterbury may have also improved in 2017 in Trimester 3!
All the best in your training as we lead into Round 3.